Some may think that Thanksgiving is nothing more than a holiday for turkey and football. But with all the love and thankfulness surrounding this holiday, we think a Thanksgiving inspired wedding is a beautiful option and the perfect time of year for getting married.
A holiday wedding around Thanksgiving is perfect for those couples not wanting the more popular “winter wedding.” The ideas are endless – from lovely fall décor to a pie bar – and we have compiled 5 of our favorite reasons to plan a Thanksgiving wedding!
1. Fall floral: With a Thanksgiving holiday wedding, it’s easy to select your wedding theme and colors. Choose rich colors that reflect the season like green, orange, red and brown. Rustic elements – like the use of pine cones, burlap, wheat, branches and baskets – bring charm and warmth to a Thanksgiving themed wedding. Pumpkins are considered Thanksgiving décor and leaves, greenery and fruits are great options for decorating. For other décor ideas, check out this!
If you’re planning a Thanksgiving wedding, you are in luck. There are plenty of fall floral ideas to dress up the wedding and create lovely bouquets, centerpieces and garland. Cornucopia centerpieces are popular and make a great DIY floral arrangement. For other ideas, check out.
2. Lovely weather and scenery: Whether you have your Thanksgiving wedding on a farm, in your backyard or even at a church, there are many ways to honor and enjoy the fall season.
If outdoors for the ceremony, have a comfortable seating arrangement – maybe even some fall pillows or blankets if the weather is cold enough. Hay benches are one of manyand perfect for fall. For the reception, consider fun outdoor games, if the weather allows.
If your wedding is indoors, you can still have the loveliness of fall in your decorations. And don’t forget to take outdoor wedding photos to capture the breathtaking views of this season.
3. Wedding feast: While you probably do not want to serve another Thanksgiving meal around the holiday, the food is a great reason to plan a Thanksgiving themed wedding. The possibilities are endless – serve all the favorite comfort foods or fall fruits and don’t forget the homemade bread. A Thanksgiving-inspired wedding brunch is a creative idea, too. For refreshments, serve iced tea, pumpkin spice and everything nice! Treat your guests to a reception they will never forget – and one they will be thankful for.
4. Festive treats and sweets: Add fall flavor to the menu with dessert. Coordinate a pie bar full of Thanksgiving favorites like pumpkin, apple and cherry pie. Or serve your favorite lattes and have a coffee bar. If outdoors for the reception, a fire and everything to make S’mores would be a fun and festive idea.
A decorative bag of seasonal nuts would make a nice Thanksgiving themed wedding favor. You could fill the bags with chestnuts, acorns, candied walnuts and other seasonal treats. For a fun and cute project, check out these DIY acorn treats.
5. Show your gratitude: A Thanksgiving wedding is the perfect occasion to truly honor your guests and express your love for friends and family. Here are some ideas for giving thanks at your wedding.
Have a formal toast where each person says what they are thankful for. End it with the bride and groom thanking everyone for coming.
Show your guests how thankful you are with reception tables displaying your gratitude. Include photos of family and friends and all the things that make Thanksgiving such a warm and loving holiday.
Have guests share words of love on fall leaves, on a display platter or wood sign. We love this swing used as a guestbook!
With love and gratitude in the air, there’s no doubt – Thanksgiving is the perfect time for a wedding! Would you have a wedding around this holiday? Let us know in the comment section below!
Check out all of the Fall bridal collections straight from the runways of Fashion Week in our collection of galleries, made to inspire every type of bride this year!