Wedding Planning Wednesday: What to Do After the Wedding
I DO. I DID. It’s time to take care of post-wedding business in this week’s Wedding Planning Wednesday! Let Zankyou help you plan your wedding with the ultimate checklist! Here are the last 11 steps for a tying up loose ends after tying the knot.
If you’re newly engaged and just started planning your wedding or didn’t catch the previous Wedding Planning Wednesdays, here’s what you’ve missed:
THE DAYS AFTER YOUR WEDDING
121. Have you paid all your bills? If not, you should take care of them now. Before you pay your bills, make sure to check them for accuracy.
122. Work with your wedding photographer to choose the best photos from your wedding for the creation of your keepsake wedding photo album.
123. Let yourself and guests relive the wedding through photos. Upload the photos on your wedding website and also ask your guests to upload their photos. All guests have access to your Zankyou wedding website and can do this from the comfort of their own home.
124. Write and send thank you notes to all wedding guests who sent you a gift within 8 weeks of the wedding. Your Zankyou wedding website also has a tool that lets you easily thank all your guests.
125. Take the bridal bouquet to be preserved or save a petal for your scrapbook.
126. If you changed your last name, there will be a lot of paperwork to deal with after the wedding. Make a list of places where you have to change your name – mailbox, phone book, with the health insurance, your employer, at the bank, the credit card companies, insurance companies, the tax office, magazine subscriptions, gas and electric utilities, driver’s license, vehicle registration papers and do not forget to request a new ID card and passport.
128. Have your wedding dress professionally cleaned. If you want to have it as a keepsake, you should store it carefully.
129. If you aren’t keeping the dress, decide whether you want to sell it to another bride or donate it to an organization that will give it to a bride who can’t afford to buy one. Check out this listing of three charities where you can donate your wedding dress.
130. Review the remaining items in your Zankyou registry. You may want to leave your registry open for guests who still want to send gifts.
131. Help other brides by reviewing your wedding vendors on WeddingWire.
Now take a deep breath, sit back, relax and enjoy your new life as a married couple. From everyone here at Zankyou, congratulations and best wishes!
You know what would make your wedding planning a whole lot easier? A new iPad 2! Lucky for you, we’re giving away an iPad 2 every month throughout 2012!
Want even more wedding planning advice? Follow us on Twitter @Zankyou and like us on Facebook. Also, check out our new obsession Pinterest! If you’re getting married soon, be sure to check out all the fabulous cash wedding registry options at Zankyou!