Wedding Planning Wednesday: 10 Steps 4 to 2 Weeks Before
It’s getting down to the wire in this week’s Wedding Planning Wednesday! Let Zankyou help you plan your wedding with the ultimate checklist! Here are the next 10 steps for a well-wired wedding!
If you’re newly engaged and just started planning your wedding or didn’t catch the previous Wedding Planning Wednesdays, here’s what you’ve missed:
4 TO 2 WEEKS BEFORE YOUR WEDDING
91. Pick up the wedding rings making sure to check the engravings BEFORE you leave the shop.
92. Order alcohol (wine, champagne, liquor) if they are not included in the catering contract. Consider organic wine and champagne for your wedding. If you’re having a signature wedding cocktail, make sure you have the recipe to give to bartenders.
93. Confirm the number of bouquets, boutonnieres and centerpieces with your florist.
94. Finalize your vows and send them along with any special preferences, readings, or other details to your officiant in writing
95. Are children coming to the wedding? Arrange for entertainment or a babysitter.
96. Try on the wedding clothes: dress, tuxedo, bridesmaids, etc. in case of any last-minute alterations. At your final gown fitting, bring a friend to learn how to tie the bustle.
97. Obtain a marriage license. Follow your state’s guidelines concerning how soon you can apply, and how long the license is valid for.
98. Purchase or make gifts for your bridal party. Don’t forget readers, ushers, flowergirl, ringbearer, close friends and family. What’s the best gift for bridesmaids?
99. Call guests who have not yet RSVP’d to the wedding to get a final head count and send number to your caterer, venue, etc.
100. Prepare your toasts and thanks to friends and family.
Now take a deep breath…Zankyou is here to help you plan your wedding. Stay tuned for the next 10 steps in the series every Wednesday. Let us know where you are along the way to planning your wedding and visit our forum if you have any questions or need advice from other engaged couples.