Wedding Makeup Trends 2011
Makeup styles are always changing; shades are bold and sexy one moment and natural and romantic the next. We’ve called upon London-based wedding industry expert Nicola Russill-Roy to show us the wedding makeup trends we’ll be seeing this year.
Nicole Russill-Roy is the founder and owner of Propose PR, the UK’s first PR agency dedicated to representing brands in the wedding industry. Nicola’s passion and enthusiasm for the wedding industry is obvious, and her years of expertise have taught her a thing or two about wedding trends.
Here are her picks for wedding makeup looks this year:
* Nudes are very big this season, with an emphasis on very light, natural makeup. Look for peach and apricot tones of blush. (Check out this article from InStyle on some of the best blushes.) Try the new shade ‘Sex Appeal’ from NARS for subtle, peachy shimmer.
* Foundation is all about a light, dewy, fresh look, while highlighting cheekbones with very subtle shimmers. (Read: NOT the overly glittery looks of yore.)
* To help you out with flawless skin, you should use a primer. Here’s a guide to choosing the right primer courtesy of Makeup Geek.
* While red lips were big last year, this year rose or coral-tinted stains are blended with a light gloss. A much softer look!
* Keep eyeliner subtle and go for one, light, shimmery eyeshadow color, such as warm gold, peach, taupe, silver, and even white.
* To continue the softness of your look, consider swapping your black mascara for dark brown.
In other words, as Nicola says, this year’s bridal makeup is “sophisticated but not over-done.” You heard it here… less is more, ladies, less is more.