Top 10 Makeup Products For Your Bridal Beauty Emergency Kit
Introducing Joyce Connor, who runs Brides and Beauty. She’s going to be giving us some great ideas on how to take care of beauty issues in the run-up to your wedding and how to make sure your wedding makeup is tip top! Welcome and thanks Joyce! Helen xxx
‘Be prepared’ – that’s the motto of the girl guides. But I think it should also be the motto for every bride. You can’t afford not to be prepared. It’s a good idea to write a checklist for the day and give it to one of your bridesmaids to look after it for you. You might already have some of the items. You should invest in a new tube of mascara for the day so that its clump free!
Makeup is important for every bride on her big day. Here are some ideas to get you through your wedding day without a hitch!
My Top Ten must have emergency beauty products for your kit are:
* Concealer – Great for covering up blemishes and light touch ups. Use the compact type and apply with a cotton swab and cover with powder. My favourite one is
* Powder compact – Great for making the face look fresh and blotting away shine too, love Bobbi Brown Sheer finish pressed Powder
* Blotting papers – Use them to blot away a shiny T-Zone and still keep your makeup in place. They don’t remove your makeup when you use them. I love Mac Blot film.
* Waterproof mascara – Great for tearful brides, my favourite one is by Blinc mascara. It’s tearproof, smudgeproof and waterproof.
* Sunscreen – Minimum factor SPF15, you never know when the sun might shine. The last thing you want is sunburn on your summer wedding day. Piz Buin has a great range available which includes a once a day application that lasts for up to six hours.
* Facial Spritzer- Freshen up your skin and rehydrate all in one go. My fave is Dermalogica Multi Active Toner. It’s light and refreshing and it can be used over makeup.
* Lipstick or Lipgloss – Touch up your lips throughout the day. There are so many lip products on the market. Make sure you get the same one as the makeup artists use.
* Clear Nail Polish – not only is it great for adding a bit of sheen to nails but can also double up for repairing chipped polish and ladders in tights.
* Tissues and cotton swabs – Yes I know these aren’t beauty products but they are essential for any beauty kit. They are useful for wiping away tears, using as makeup applicators and wiping away lipstick marks!
* Handcream – Keep your hands soft and supple on the day! Try handbag sized Neutrogena Swiss formula handcream.
Keeping these emergency items in a bag will make the day run smoothly and not your makeup!
Written by Joyce Connor
Any products we forgot to mention that are a must for you? Tell us about them in the comment section below!