The Idyllic Croatian Coast for Your Gay Honeymoon
Congratulations!!! You just got married in New York and now comes the honeymoon. Same-sex couples today are just like any other couples out there when it comes to planning their honeymoon. Where to go and what to do? A honeymoon vacation is the perfect chance to get away and and go someplace on the planet you have never been before. Many travel agencies such as gaytravel.com are helping many of today’s same-sex couples find where the new “it” places are. Today’s same-sex couples also want to visit gay-friendly places so they don’t feel excluded or isolated.
Croatia has been on many people’s radar lately and gay couples are quickly finding out what the buzz is all about. Not many know that Croatia’s main tourist attraction is, and always has been, its beaches. With miles of pristine continental Adriatic seaside and dozens of islands to visit, the sun and fun are endless. Here are our top 5 beaches to visit while jet-setting to the Croatian coast.
1) Plat Beach. This beach one of Croatia’s best-hidden beaches with wild and fun nightlife. This tiny paradise is filled with beautiful landscapes. The beach has no shade so come armed with your beach umbrellas, hats and shades. After being sunkissed all day, check out all restaurants, bars and clubs the beach has to offer in the evening.
2) Girandella Beach. Once a quiet fishing village, Rabac is now a bustling tourists’ resort with a spirited nightlife. It’s a diver’s paradise during the day and when the sun sets, the party takes place right on the beach with local DJs playing house and techno music.
3) Rovinj. For the more romantic couple, Valalta Resort near Rovinj is a perfect destination. It has luxurious apartments and bungalows if you need a little more privacy. The beaches has miles of sandy and stone bays perfect for those who like to sunbathe in their birthday suit.
4) Zlatni Rat. Known as the Golden Horn for its unique shape and size. The beach offers restaurants, cafes and a surplus of water sports. The nightlife is more relaxed, perfect for couples who want to stay away from the crowds at adjoining islands.
5) Zrce Beach. Located on Pag Island, Zrce beach has the Ibiza atmosphere of all the islands. All the clubs are outdoors with pools and jacuzzis. Couples looking to relax need not apply.
Would you book a trip to Croatia? If you’ve been to a place you think we should write about, email me, and your hotspot may end up on our online magazine.