Original Party Favors for your Summer Wedding
Those of you getting married in summer 2009 will be putting the final touches onto your big day. The dress is bought and your color scheme selected. Now it’s just the favors and last touches of decoration, and perhaps the food? Let us help you with those finishing touches…and make summer 2009 the summer of love!
We’ve already talked to you about seasonality and flowers in the past as one way of making sure you don’t go over budget. A sustainable approach to your wedding will also help keep everyone’s expenditure down.
But with the credit crunch already on top of us and hammering away at some, remember that there are always ways of saving a last few pennies.
Here are some Zk suggestions for your summer 2009 wedding favours:
- If you want to give your wedding a summery feel, take advantage of the aromas of the season and give fresh summer herbsas presents to your guests. They’re cheap to buy in bulk and can be re-potted in smaller pots and decorated with ribbons to match your color scheme, so that a little goes a long way.
- Or what about some seeds so your guests can plant your favourite flowers? Buy in bulk at a garden center, divide between mini envelopes, decorated with nice calligraphy and add a short note with instructions. The envelopes can double up as place settings too.
- Who’s dying for summer to come to get stuck into salad??? (and not just the super healthy ones!) Why not buy some funky salad servers like from Ikea and tie together with a ribbon, with your favourite salad recipe attached.
- If you’re environmentally-aware, then you’ll know that sunbathing is not great for your skin. Why not supply your guests with small travel-sized bottles of sunscreen (take advantage of 2 for 1 offers in Boots or Superdrug), with a small note with info for healthy skin.
- Straws! In summer I could drink everything through a straw! It takes me back to childhood, to Slush Puppies and cans of pop. Why not get some curly-wurly straws and a fun note explaining why you love ‘em?!
If your wedding’s a little later in the year, don’t forget to check out our other seasonal articles!