How To Lose Weight And Stay Fit Before Your Wedding Day
Summer has arrived and your wedding is right around the corner. Many brides put off details of their wedding until the last minute but health and fitness cannot be one of them. With so many stressful factors such as planning and organizing, exercise can actually help relieve some of that stress.
This summer, we are partnering up with Andrew Ames, a certified advanced personal trainer, to help our brides to be get in the best shape of their lives. Here, Andrew gives us 5 pointers on how to shape up months before the big day.
1. Try to get 20-30 minutes of physical activity each day. Keep the intensity at a moderate level. If you use weight resistance, keep the repetitions between 20-25. Don’t go extreme or you’ll fatigue quickly. The more you stay active each day, the more calories you will burn.
2. Workout with one of your bridesmaids. Pick a few days a week
and get a steady routine going. The first day, work on your upper
body. The second, work on your lower body. The third day work on
your core and total body. Working out with a partner will keep you
committed, focused and motivated.
3. Stretch 5 to 10 minutes daily. Relax and stretch the neck and
shoulder area. Focus on keeping your body elongated and tall. These simple tips will help you look sleek and elongated on your wedding day.
4. Get some physical activity with your special groom each weekend. He
should look just as fit as you. Go for a hike in the park,
jog or walk along the beach. Look for a local boot camp class or a group exercise club to keep you motivated.
5. Eat smart. Stress and eating go together. The more junk food
you eat, the more lethargic you will feel. Try to keep it healthy. Fruits,
vegetables, whole grains, low sodium and water will help you feel and look your best.
Guest Blogger: Andrew Blake Ames
Fitness and Health expert
Are you a wedding expert and would like to write for Zankyou Magazine? Contact us and your article could be featured online!