Take a look at the latest wedding trend we’ve spotted – polka dots! This fun, timeless print has been transformed into a chic wedding theme.
Mint Green Wedding Inspiration: 6 Ways to Use This Trending Color
New wedding color trend alert – mint green is making a comeback! This soft, soothing color has been huge on the runway and red carpet this year.
Why the sudden craze over mint? The popular vintage trend has once again made a place for itself in today’s weddings after being the color of choice in the 1940s and 1950s (think telephones, appliances, sinks and bathroom tile).
There is something so romantic about this minty color! You’ll love how it looks on wedding attire, ceremony and reception decor as a vibrant or pastel color or paired with other hot wedding colors - like gold. Even if you add just a splash of mint green in your wedding – as perhaps a nail color – you will completely fall in love with this color! Check out 6 ways to incorporate the mint green wedding trend in your big day.
1. In your bridal or wedding party attire: Lately, mint green has dominated the red carpet and celebrities have given their stamp of approval on this timeless color. Why not join them in dressing yourself or your wedding party in mint? Use the color as a soft shade or bright hue, as your main color or an accent. Mint green wedding attire looks flawless paired with ivory or pastel accent colors. Check out this inspiration and different ways to dress up this 2013 wedding trend!
This stunning mint ball gown with a ruffled skirt worn by Kaley Cuoco of “The Big Bang Theory” is straight from the runway collection of Romona Keveza. Mint green dresses from the Reem Acra’s 2013 Resort Collection are girly and sophisticated. Check out the full Reem Acra Spring 2013 Bridal Collection to see more of her gorgeous gowns.
This Spring 2012 Vera Wang dress is all about the details! Colored wedding dresses are a trendy option with popular designers like Vera Wang and Romona Keveza contributing much of their collections to colored bridal gown alternatives.
We love the minty hues of these bridesmaid dresses! Who could resist the sweet look of these J.Crew mint green dresses perfect for your big day? Or incorporate these mint ruffled bridesmaid dresses for a warm wedding look that is easy on the eyes.
2. As a “green” bouquet option: Pair your mint green attire with a nature-inspired bouquet. Green wedding colors such as mint can be used for decorating eco-friendly weddings or nature-inspired weddings that are quite trendy right now. Green can bring warmth and energy to the wedding atmosphere and natural elements can give your wedding a refreshing look.
Let nature be your inspiration and pair your mint green attire with lush florals and seasonal flowers and colors. Or how about a meadow-inspired bouquet incorporated into your mint green theme? We love yellow in this color theme, too!
3. As an accessory color: Add a splash of mint green to your wedding with these easy fashion ideas. What is your favorite accessory in mint green?
Here are a girl’s two favorite things together – Chanel and nail polish. Paint your fingers and toes mint green for a classy look. Need more ideas to highlight your nails for your wedding? Be inspired by these bridal manicures.
Have all eyes on your bridal accessories. Incorporate mint green in your jewelry and hair accessories. A little mint goes a long way!
Wedding shoes have become a symbol of a bride’s individuality. Show your refreshing take on life with mint green shoes or even barefoot sandals. Need more shoe inspiration? Find the perfect wedding shoe style for you.
4. In your wedding decor: Mint can stand alone or mesh with a variety of colors to create the perfect decor for your ceremony or reception. Create a vintage or modern look with this minty inspiration.
A gold and mint green color combo is rich and elegant; the colors compliment each other nicely and here is the proof. We love the green chevron design on this tablecloth and the mint table setting. Gold can really add pop to your palette!
Go vintage with your mint reception decor. You can incorporate this color in a countryside wedding or a rustic style wedding effortlessly. It wouldn’t be hard to find old-fashion mint green decor either. These mint-colored frames would add the perfect vintage vibe incorporated as a picture frame or framed sign.
Use vintage books in shades of green as tabletop decor or centerpieces. You can find these and other old books at the HucksterHaven shop on Etsy. For more rustic style inspiration, check out wedding ideas with Southern charm.
5. On your wedding cake: We believe this color can make a striking creation on a wedding cake, don’t you think? Add mint to the flowers, ribbon or base of your cake – or better yet, choose a mint-flavored cake!
Keep your reception modern and minty! Today’s brides know how to modernize any timeless wedding trend. For your wedding cake, give this old fashion color a new look and feel with 21st century inspiration.
This mint color cake by Erica O’Brien is soft and feminine with just the right amount of vintage flair. Perfect for a spring or summer wedding, mint green paired with hues of pink and peach creates an irresistibly sweet wedding color palette.
6. For your guests to enjoy at the reception: Add that perfect green touch to your wedding with favors and reception details. It’s the little things that count!
Add a classic element to your wedding with any of these mint-inspired reception ideas for your guests to adore. Complete your drinks with these mint-striped straws and top it off with DIY Straw Flags! Add another DIY element to your reception with this step-by-step mint tin favor wrappers project.
We can’t get enough of this fun, fresh color! Do you think this trendy color was mint to be in your wedding? Let us know in the comment section below!
Getting married soon? Already tied the knot? We want to hear about it! Take our International Marriage Survey for a chance to win an iPad from Zankyou!