5 Simple & Easy DIY Flower Arrangements For Your Wedding Centerpieces
If you’re trying to cut back on your wedding spending – DIY your own wedding flowers! You can create inspired floral arrangements without the help of a professional florist, you just have to follow this one tip - keep it simple.
Here are a few ideas for creating budget-friendly wedding centerpieces.
1. Stick to one type of flower. If you’re going to have a lot of tables at your reception, pick a single, gorgeous flower and order it wholesale (either via a local florist, flower farm, or via an online wholesaler like BloomsbytheBox.com). We found this gorgeous bouquet of orange poppies on Revel – a loose arrangement of a long stemmed, blooms on every table would look sparse, yet striking.
2. Go for volume! Try lush bushels of baby’s breath, crespedia, or chamomile, and create voluminous, eye-catching arrangements. Need inspiration? Check out how this Style Me Pretty bride used baby’s breath on her wedding tables.
3. OR try bunches of single stem arrangements. We’re seeing this idea pop up on our Pinterest feed more and more! It’s visually striking, and extremely cost-effective! Put your single stems in groups, or arrange them in long, winding lines.
4. Use found objects and thrift store finds. Don’t splurge on store-bought vessels and vases, secondhand shops and thrift stores are overrun with such things. Add visual interest to your centerpieces with nifty little antiques – like vintage cameras, books (just like the ones this Style Me Pretty bride used) figurines, or ceramic planters! If you’re trying to keep flower $ to a minimum, borrow interesting larger design pieces from friends or family.
5. Have the opposite of a green thumb? Try succulents! If you’re especially worried about fresh flower maintenance – go with hearty plants that can survive arid desert climates. Take a cue from this inspired succulent arrangement, as seen on Ruffled. You can replant succulents in more attractive, unexpected vessels, like pretty ceramic mixing bowls or silver goblets.
Follow us on Twitter @Zankyou, like us on Facebook and check out our new obsession Pinterest! If you’re getting married soon, be sure to check out all the fabulous cash wedding registry options at Zankyou!