Christmas Engagement: 3 Tips for Popping the Question Around the Holidays
Thinking of getting engaged this Christmas? Contemplating popping the question and hoping to celebrate a Christmas engagement? Don’t know how to do it? Here are some ideas for those of you contemplating taking the first step towards marriage on December 25th.
1. First things first. You need a sign of your betrothal.
Tradition dictates that it should be a ring, but as you know with the principles of flexibility and freedom that lie behind Zankyou gift registries, we’re no sticklers for tradition. So if you prefer to symbolize your commitment with something else (another piece of jewelry, the key to your shared car or simply with a special kiss, it’s up to you!
If you do go for a ring, nobody says it has to be a diamond – it all depends on your partner, but if you’re planning this for Christmas, you should have thought of something by now.
If not, why not check out Marie Claire’s Top 10 engagement rings. They don’t come cheap, but they’re beautiful.
Or for alternative betrothal charms, what about something that has been handed down through your family (ask your mom!) or if you’d like something a little cheaper, remember diamond alternatives like Cubic Zirconia and Moissanite.
2. So what’s left to think about? The moment for asking the question, of course! Here are some options:
- After exchanging gifts
- In front of the whole family after lunch (for our exhibitionist Zankyouers)
- While taking a stroll after Christmas dinner
- Or try one of these 50 ways to pop the question
3. And remember our top Zankyou relaxation tips:
- Rehearse what you’re going to say (like when you say your wedding vows!)
- Take a deep breath
- Just remember, popping the question is an important but nevertheless small part of your married life together
Good luck! And happy holidays!