Something old, something new; something borrowed, something blue. This refrain has been a part of weddings since Victorian times, and we’ve come up with 8 great ways to incorporate your ‘something blue’ into your bridal look. 1. Shoes Colorful wedding …
8 Ways to Dress Your Wedding in Polka Dots
Take a look at the latest wedding trend we’ve spotted – polka dots! This fun, timeless print has been transformed into a chic wedding theme.
There are many ways to incorporate this motif in your wedding – add a splash of color with dots or use the pattern on your wedding dress, bridal accessories, invitations and reception décor. You can use large dots for a fresh and modern look or maybe a smaller, more subtle pattern is your taste. Whatever your preference, here is some spotted inspiration for incorporating this trend into your wedding.
1. Wedding Gown: Polka dot dresses can be trendy, modern or vintage-inspired. They can be flowy with big spots like this maxi dress or made of tulle fabric with subtle Swiss dots. J.Crew sells some amazing wedding dresses and accessories for a casual and relaxed look.
2. Bridal Accessories: Polka dots can give your wedding fashion a classy touch whether it’s on your veil, shoes or incorporated into your bouquet. We love the classic and almost retro look of this bride’s dotted veil. This “something blue” shoe clip with polka dot feathers gives the wedding shoes a sophisticated look. You can find this clip and many others on the Etsy page of Hirjalda Mobley.
3. Groom Attire: Polka dots look good on the groom, too! Use one color dots to avoid the pattern looking tacky. Check out these dotted neckties and bow-ties made with love by MeandMatilda on Etsy.
4. Bouquet or Floral Design: Incorporate dots into your bouquet or the bridesmaids’ bouquet, the flower girl basket or even your floral decorations. Adding polka dot fabric or ribbon to your bouquet or floral arrangement is the simplest way to include this trend.
5. Invitations: Polka dotted invitations can add a chic and romantic feel to your wedding. This calligraphy by Plurabelle is simply stunning! Remember, your invitation sets the tone of your wedding.
6. Table Setting: Use a polka dot pattern on your table linens, your place setting or even your chair bows. Let the dots set the tone for an enjoyable reception. Dots are a great look for a fun, relaxed outdoor dinner – like this reception pictured.
7. Wedding Decorations: Dotted decorations add a splash of fun to your affair. Neutral colors can help accent the dots in a more elegant way. Adding dotted ribbon or fabric to favors, wedding decorations or table decor is another way to incorporate this style into your ceremony or reception. Giant wedding balloons are already a standout option, make them even bolder with bright spots!
8. Cake Design: Polka dots can give your wedding cake a mod look. Large dots accent a monochromatic cake nicely or try multi-colored mini circles for something a bit more fun. If you like these cake designs, check out our art inspired wedding cakes!
What other ways of incorporating the polka dot trend have you spotted? Would you have a polka dot themed wedding?
Getting married soon? Already tied the knot? We want to hear about it! Take our International Marriage Survey for a chance to win an iPad from Zankyou!