8 Hot Honeymoon Destinations in the U.S.
Who says you need a stamp in your passport to have a fabulous honeymoon? There are plenty of scenic, romantic honeymoon destinations right here in the U.S.
Forget the jet lag and check out these marvelous, memorable, domestic locales:
1. Napa Valley/Sonoma, California Northern California’s wine country has stunning scenery and gorgeous accommodations in which to sample the valley’s signature wines. Take part in wine tastings by day and dine at world-class restaurants by night. Plus, you’re just a stone’s throw from San Francisco if you decide to do an urban day trip.
2. New Orleans This city has seen its share of tough times, but it has emerged from the ashes as an even more dynamic place to visit. The romantic French Quarter features centuries-old maisons converted into luxurious hotels. There are soulful jazz joints on every corner, not to mention great food, warm weather and that charming Southern hospitality.
3. Alaska Take a cruise through scenic Glacier Bay and observe magnificent, massive whale breaking the surface. Warm up by snuggling with your new spouse in front of a romantic lodge fireplace. While Alaska may seem far-flung, there are cruises that leave from Seattle, Vancouver, and other attainable departure points to get you to your final destination.
4. New York City The Big Apple isn’t for everybody, but if you get a thrill from the energetic hustle-bustle of the big city, it can be a perfect honeymoon choice. Romantic strolls through Central Park, Broadway shows, and the world’s best restaurants, hotels and shopping opportunities are all concentrated on one fantastic little island.
5. Vermont If you’re looking for something more low-key than NYC, Vermont is an excellent honeymoon choice, especially for fall and winter weddings. Quaint bed-and-breakfasts, beautiful fall foliage, excellent ski resorts await you.
6. Florida Keys The beaches of the Florida Keys rival those found in the Caribbean. The secluded resorts that dot the shorelines from Key Largo to Key West are perfect for relaxing, while waterfront activities like parasailing and snorkeling will provide you with plenty of photo opportunities. Dine on fresh seafood and watch the sunset while digging your toes into the sand.
7. Las Vegas/Grand Canyon Viva Las Vegas! The city that never sleeps has evolved over the years, and there is now something for everyone, whether you want to take advantage of the ‘sin city’ nightlife or simply spend your days lounging by a fabulous hotel pool. If you need a break from the glitz and glamour, take a day trip to nearby Red Rock Canyon or spend a few days exploring the breathtaking Grand Canyon.
8. Hawaii No list of great U.S. honeymoon destinations would be complete without Hawaii. Yes, it’s far, and it’s worth every frequent flyer mile. This perennial honeymoon favorite will never go out of style, thanks to pristine beaches, perfect weather, five-star accommodations and unique activities like exploring volcanoes and helicopter tours of the islands.
And remember – you can create a Zankyou cash honeymoon fund! It’s easy for your guests to contribute to the honeymoon of your dreams, and best of all, it’s free!