What’s old is new again, although the vintage trend is not. It has been the source of inspiration for many bridal designer’s collections and couple’s weddings. Below are several vintage inspired looks to fulfill your dreams of a vintage-inspired wedding. …
5 Valentine’s Day Inspired Red Dresses for Wedding Guests
Being such a romantic holiday and all, plenty of couples choose February 14 as their wedding date. If you’ve been invited to a Valentine’s Day wedding, take a cue from cupid and dress yourself in the color of love.
The romantic and passionate version of a little black dress, a ruby red frock is flattering on everyone. Whether you’re going for a sophisticated, fun or trendy look, here are five red dresses to wear to a wedding.
1. For a super sophisticated look, the Halo ‘Jackie’ Belted Gabardine Sheath Dress from Nordstrom is a smart choice. The sharp cap sleeves and a unique neckline make it modern and unique while the shape and patent-leather skinny belt keep it classy and refined.
2. The One-Shoulder Signature Dress by Karen Millen features the same pencil skirt shape but is slightly fancier due to its sensuous satin material. The asymmetrical dress is the perfect combination of pleats and ruffles. Have your date compliment your look with a red satin tie.
3. If you’re not into the structured and form-fitting pencil skirt, consider the light and airy Chiffon Scoop A-Line Dress from Raining Blossoms. In this dress, you will be comfortable yet still feminine. Just picture your skirt flowing and spinning as your partner twirls you on the dance floor.
4. This cotton Vox Populi Dress from BHLDN is simple, sophisticated and comfortable. Dress it up with vintage-inspired accessories for a retro glam look. The pockets will come in handy for carrying your tube of luscious red lipstick for touch-ups after the reception meal and between cocktails.
5. If your style is more trendy, this Wonderboom One Shoulder Beaded Rust Red Dress from Lulu’s will have other guests asking, “Where did you find that dress?” The one-shoulder style features a batwing sleeve overlay and gold beaded detailing on the scalloped shaped hem for a unique and sweetly-styled look.
Which red wedding guest dress best suits your style? Tell us what you think in the comments below.