We all know that pre-wedding body, face and hair treatments can ensure that a bride looks great on her big day. But you can’t forget about your hands! With that brand new ring on your finger, people will be looking …
7 Trendy Wedding Manicure Ideas
Bring on the micro beads, neon shades and glittery accents! The latest wedding manicure trends vary from super-fun and tactile caviar polish to elegant nails in full-coverage nudes and the hottest colors of the season.
We’re seeing popular summer wedding colors like Tangerine Tango, seafoam and fuchsia shining brightly from pretty brides’ and bridesmaids’ fingers and toes. Fitting right in with this season’s nail color and design trends, we love the Mint Sorbet manicure with micro bead nail accent above from nail pro Anne at Grape Fizz Nails.
1. Caviar Manicure: Delicate little micro beads playfully dot the fun and trendy caviar polish manicures. Sometimes referred to as the 3D manicure, these nails look so enticing and touchable! Here’s an important tip for this manicure style – you’ll probably need a solid, clear gel coat over the top of the caviar polish to keep all the little glass beads attached to nails for more than a few hours. This is more of a one event manicure, not a look that will last.
White or light nail polish shades are always pretty for a wedding day and the caviar manicure makes this pretty look really shine. Popular UK nail polish company Ciaté offers fun caviar manicure kits, which include nail color, micro beads, funnel and tray. Watch the great Ciaté caviar manicure tutorial video for easy application steps.
Want to try a DIY caviar manicure with your own nail colors and beads? Follow the tips from expert nail blogger Lisa at Nail Art 101, who created the beautiful pastel beaded nails above!
2. Ombre Glitter: Ombre manicures are those where each fingernail is painted in a different shade of the same color or more than one shade on each nail. For summer wedding manicures, ombre polish designs get a dazzling glitter accent! This ombre glitter manicure from Fear No Beauty uses 5 different shades of blue-greens with glittery top coat. We appreciate Fear No Beauty writer Karie making it clear as a bell what shades she used for this fun look and love her quote “Fearless beauty is about being a little out-there…” Agreed!
3. Water Marble Manicure: This bridal manicure idea looks almost edible, with sweet swirls of color made from dipping your fingernails in small cups of water with drops of your favorite polish hues. Fabulous manicure specialist Ivana, from Ivana Thinks Pink, walks you through the water marble process step by step to create her beautiful Candy Water Marble manicure look. Prep your fingers with a base coat and protect with tape. Create nail polish designs in the water pots. Dip your nails and dry!
4. Full-Coverage Nude Polish: Fashion model Sarah Patricia shows how chic full-coverage nude nail polish can look against lovely summer skin. We love the stylish nude manicure from Heart of the Sea with popular Essie shade Sand Tropez. Definitely consider a full-coverage nude polish if you’re planning to wear a pair of stunning neutral bridal shoes.
5. Neon Nail Polish: Bright neon manicure shades of magenta, lemon and turquoise will really draw eyes to the engagement ring! Beatriz Blanco at Dress Up Dress Down created her own neon ombre manicure look with Lola (neon orange) and La Vida Loca (neon pink) nail shades from Orly. Special thanks to Heel to Toe for their great Neon Nail Trend chart for Summer 2012!
6. Diamond Dust Manicure: The étoile genuine diamond dust nail color collection is so elegant and feminine for bridal manicures. This nail look is soft and timeless and made from real diamond dust! Available in colors Asscher, Navette and Princess, we think diamond dust manicures in these shades will make the princess in every bride really glow.
7. Diagonal French Tips: Love the french manicure look but want something a little different? Try trendy diagonal french tips on your wedding day! This look from The Studio by Mike Does Makeup is high fashion fabulous topped with captivating white polish curves.
We love a lot of these trendy wedding manicure looks for bridal pedicures, too! Which nail look above is your favorite? Let us know in the comments section below!
Follow us on Twitter @Zankyou, like us on Facebook, and check out our new obsession Pinterest! If you’re getting married soon, be sure to check out all the fabulous cash wedding registry options at Zankyou!