5 Products to Make Your Makeup Last on Your Wedding Day
Worried about your makeup melting, fading or smudging on your wedding day? From the walk down the aisle to late-night dancing at the reception, every bride wants to look immaculate throughout her big day. Here are five products to help your wedding day makeup last all day and all night.
1. Nars Makeup Primer ($34) – As with any blank canvas, you first need to prep your face with primer–it gives your makeup something to stick to. Nars Makeup Primer has soothing natural botanicals to pamper the skin and create a protective base for longer-lasting, natural-looking foundation application and wear. The lightweight oil-free gel cream formula helps reduce redness and inflammation for an even skin tone. Worn under foundation, powder or alone, this is the first step to radiant, healthy-looking skin and all-day staying power. Available at narscosmetics.com.
2. Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup SPF 10 ($35) – Choose a long-lasting foundation to keep your skin looking flawless on your wedding day. This worry-free, long-wearing makeup feels light and comfortable yet stays fresh and looks natural through heat, humidity, nonstop activity. Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation boasts 15-hour staying power and a nomination for a Reader’s Choice Award on totalbeauty.com.
3. Estée Lauder Double Wear Mineral Rich Loose Powder Makeup ($35) – Using a quality makeup brush, set your look with powder to seal the makeup, help it stay on longer and give you a nice airbrushed clean look. Also from Estée Lauder’s Double Wear line, this powder’s light-scattering, mineralized properties help disguise unevenness, blemishes and imperfections, while a special blend of pigments and minerals create a smooth, even surface and soft, subtle radiance without shine, making it the perfect choice for beautiful wedding photos. Lasts for up to 12 hours through heat, sweat and humidity! The entire Double Wear line is available at Estée Lauder counters and esteelauder.com.
4. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion ($19) – Using an eyeshadow primer will keep your shadow fresh and crease-free. Considered the most legendary primer in the beauty industy, Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion is coveted by makeup artists and makeup junkies alike because it guarantees more vibrant eyeshadow that lasts for over 24 hours and NEVER CREASES! It’s the best friend of a bride’s smokey eye. Original formula dries invisibly, while Eden, Sin and Greed are shades that can also be worn as shadows or highlighters. Available at urbandecay.com.
5. Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray ($29) – Finish your look and set your makeup with this fantastic makeup setting spray. Thanks to groundbreaking efforts in the beauty industry, you can “set it and forget it.” Urban Decay All Nighter has a special Temperature Control Technology so your makeup won’t melt when it’s warm and humid or become dehydrated when it’s cold and windy. It actually lowers the temperature of your makeup to hold foundation, eyeshadow, blush and concealer in place so you can keep your fresh look well into your wedding night. Available at urbandecay.com.
Do you swear by any of these long-lasting makeup products? Have a favorite you’d like to share? Leave it in the comments below.