Looking for new wedding reception food bar ideas that are fun, easy and delicious? Look no further! Here are some great suggestions for wedding reception snacking and fun grown-up beverage bar ideas, too.
No matter what fun wedding food you choose, it’s always best to have someone manning the food or beverage tables to keep them well stocked and looking tidy. Keep a big bottle of club soda or seltzer water handy to use for any stains on rented wedding linens!
1. Snow Cones: Set up some big beautiful bowls or buckets of shaved ice, bottles of fruit syrup and paper cups or ice cream dishes for a festive snow cone food bar. Keep it simple and non-alcoholic for wedding guests of all ages or freeze your favorite beer into granita-style ice, like the beer snow cones in this colorful display from Betty Crocker. Special thanks to Joanna Tano Photography for the cute wedding couple with snow cones top photo!
2. Soup Shooters: Want a fun and eye-catching food station that will make wedding guests look twice? Try a food bar of soup shooters! We love this display fromof appetizing soup shooters with pretty garnishments. The soups are served in tall shot glasses or other small drinking cups. Everyone will love tossing back some fresh gazpacho or whatever savory soups (served warm or cold) are in season on your wedding day.
3. Bloody Marys: Nothing says party time like a Bloody Mary food bar! This one from Carolina Inn the Loop turns a savory cocktail into a chunky sip-happy snack. As they say at the Carolina Inn, it all begins with great vodka. Then add a full bar selection of fresh tomato juice, sea salt, hot sauce, olives, lemons, limes, celery sticks, boiled shrimp, etc.! If your wedding budget will allow it, consider having more than one selection of great wedding reception cocktails to choose from.
4. Everything On a Stick: Fun finger food attached to wooden food sticks makes for easy eating and a really enticing wedding reception display. Candy, cake, pie, brownies — you don’t even need a plate to enjoy these sweet treats on a stick! We love the frosted Cake Pops from Bakerella, homemade DIY pop tarts from Wonder How To, and the elegant looking Filigree Brownie Wedding Favor Pops from beaucoup.
5. Root Beer Floats: Frothy dessert-in-a-mug root beer floats are a definite crowd-pleaser on a wedding reception food bar. Add thick colorful straws and pretty plates of cookies, like in this beautiful root beer food bar photographed by Holland Photo Arts. Make one tray of root beer floats at a time, for optimal freshness.
We love all of these fun wedding reception food bar ideas and want to know about your favorites! Have you seen a great food bar display that we should know about? Give us the details in the comments section below!
Follow us on Twitter @Zankyou, like us on Facebook, and check out our new obsession Pinterest! If you’re getting married soon, be sure to check out all the fabulous cash wedding registry options at Zankyou!