The teen heartthrob and pop star is making his way into grown up wedding ceremonies everywhere! And the videos are going viral. The majority of Justin Bieber fans are under the legal voting age, which has us wondering – would …
10 Surprise Groom’s Gift Ideas
Is your hubby-to-be the kind of man who loves a great surprise? Then give him a really special and unexpected groom’s gift for your wedding day!
Take the man of your dreams on an adventure, give him a sentimental token of love or select something that makes him laugh out loud. Whatever you choose as a surprise gift for the groom, he’ll know it comes from the heart.
The Gift of an Experience
1. Season Tickets: Sports, Music Concerts, Broadway Shows – treat your man to season tickets for his favorite entertainment! Or take special tickets he has saved from previous events and have them framed by danburk1 on Etsy for custom and very cool memorabilia.
2. Weekend Adventure: Take your man on a fun adventure that would knock his socks off! Does he love camping, snow skiing or boating? Find out what local adventures are available and book a fun weekend outing for both of you to share. We love the idea of zip lining over the gorgeous North Carolina landscape, like this wedding couple did at Kersey Valley Zip Line (as seen on Fun Fix).
A Gift So Sentimental
3. Custom Wedding Song: Surprise the groom with a special custom wedding song. Hire a songwriter to turn your loving relationship into a song that tells your story like no other song could. Either spring it on him at the rehearsal dinner or work it secretively into your ceremony. Or give him a CD of your first dance wedding song and other love song favorites with a custom printed wedding CD label from CDbyMe.
4. Video Tribute: Film a loving video tribute to the groom with footage of you, his friends and family all sharing compliments and memories of your wonderful life partner. Surprise him by playing this sentimental video at the wedding reception for everyone to enjoy.
A Gift That Makes Him Laugh
5. Funny Groom’s Cake: Give your new husband a great on-the-spot chuckle with a surprise funny groom’s cake! We love the ones in these cute photos from Cake Picture Gallery and Brooks Weddings. Be sure and check out our additional groom’s cake ideas for more fun themes.
6. Groomsmen Skit: Get the groomsmen in on your surprise gift of a hilarious skit, toast or dance number from the boys! Spring it on the groom at the reception for some big laughs for the whole group. This photo from Sarah Rominger Photography reminds us that nothing makes a groom laugh more than his buddies making fools of themselves for his benefit!
A Keepsake Worth Keeping
7. A Gift Worth Engraving: The groom might love an engraved keepsake that reminds him forever of his wonderful wedding day. We love the exquisite antique pocket watches from Art Inspired Gifts on Etsy, like this one in silver gunmetal. Other groom-friendly keepsake items perfect for engravings could be a plaque, beer stein, compass (like in our top photo from Tom Baker Photography) or how about custom cuff links for the groom that feature your wedding date?
8. Family Heirlooms: Family pictures and heirlooms handed down through the generations are definitely keepsakes worth keeping. Consider heirloom gifts like a grandfather’s Swiss army knife, a silver chain holding a key from his childhood home, or a framed collage made from his beloved family snapshots. Get ideas from his family members and yours for a great surprise gift your groom might want to pass on someday, too.
A Surprise He’ll Never Forget
9. Surprise Wedding Guests: Does the groom have beloved friends or family he has lost touch with or that he assumes can’t be at your ceremony? Does he have a hero or mentor you could sneak into the reception? Surprise him with the presence of people he greatly misses or thought he’d never have the chance to meet.
10. Surprise Wedding Venue: So he thought you were getting married in a church, did he? Blindfold your beloved (as in the great photo above from Heather Armstrong Photography) and watch his look of surprise when you reveal your real wedding location! On a cruise ship, baseball diamond or a place with sentimental value for both of you, surprise him by having your wedding in an unexpected place where he’d love to be.
What would you add to our list of surprise groom gifts? Let us know in the comment section below!
Follow us on Twitter @Zankyou, like us on Facebook, and check out our new obsession Pinterest! If you’re getting married soon, be sure to check out all the fabulous cash wedding registry options at Zankyou!